- As part of their Province planning day, the Jesuit Centre for Faith and Justice staff went on a team outing in the afternoon – a Segway tour of Dublin Docklands.
- Cherryfield Lodge is hosting an open day for residents and their families on Tuesday 22nd June from 2.30pm to 5.30pm. Entrance to Cherryfield through main Milltown Gate from Sandford Road. For further details, contact Cherryfield Lodge Reception: Tel: (01) 4985800.
- The new contact details for the Irish Jesuit Curia are: Irish Jesuit Provincialate, Milltown Park, Sandford Road, Dublin 6; Phone – 01 4987333; Fax – 01 4987334
- The grounds of former Mungret College will see the building of 126 houses by Dineen and company, who bought the property from the Jesuits. Limerick County Council has given the go-ahead.
- Irish woman Bridget Redmond, the former caretaker of St Michael’s Catholic College in Leeds, has been made a Member of the British Empire in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List. Bridget Redmond – known as May – was just 16 when she began working for the Jesuits at the college in Hyde Park, having left her native Ireland to travel to Leeds to find work. Read the full story.
- Fr. Declan Deane, formerly of the Irish Jesuit Province, and now working in a parish near San Francisco, has a serious illness, and charts his journey and the support he has from friends, and the prayer organised on his behalf to Fr. John Sullivan S.J. Go to his website.
- A cartoon of Fr Joe Kelly SJ was unveiled at Sardi’s Restaurant, New York, at a celebratory evening in his memory.
- Pray as you follow the World Cup: World Cup fever is well and truly upon us, and Pray-as-you-go, in partnership with the Jesuit Institute in South Africa, is providing five reflections on themes surrounding the World Cup and South Africa. Click here.
FR PROVINCIAL’S DIARY
16-17 June: Meetings
18-20 June: CEP meeting in Spain
21-26 June: Province retreat