- Heart of a Jesuit, the Irish Jesuit Vocations website, has a new poster, a section of which is pictured here, devised by Graphics Artist Aine Kierans and Jesuit novice Niall Leahy. For copies, contact email@example.com.
- Irish Jesuit and author Michael Paul Gallagher is among a group of six Jesuits, of differing nationalities and disciplines, appointed by Father General, Adolfo Nicolás to help him, he says, “regularly reflect on and understand more deeply different realities concerning our mission”. The ‘Gregorian Reflection Group’ members are all based in Rome and have been meeting in the Gregorian University since January of this year. Their monthly reflection sessions focus on relevant issues that Father Nicolás invites them to consider.
- How Roman Catholic Theology Can Transform Male Violence Against Women by Dr Michael O’Sullivan SJ, will be launced in the Coffee Dock, Purcell House, All Hallows College, Drumcondra, Dublin 9 on Tuesday 3 May, 6pm, by Professor Linda Hogan, Irish School of Ecumenics at TCD. RSVP 01-8520717 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chaplain Peter Sexton SJ scored an ecumenical First when he led the celebration of Evensong in Trinity College Chapel, standing in for his Anglican colleague Darren McCollig.
- To Grow in Love: A Spirituality of Ageing by Brian Grogan SJ and published by Messenger Publications will be launched on Wednesday 11 May,6pm in The Theatre, Jesuit Conference Centre, Milltown Pk., Sandford Rd., Ranelagh, Dublin 6. The book will be launchd by Marianne O’Connor, Director of CORI. All welcome. RSVP 01 6767491 or email@example.com
- Dr Rebecca Nye, Cambridge Theological Federation, is the keynote speaker at a conference organised by The Spiritiual Capital Ireland Centre, a partnership between Waterford Institute of Technology and All Hallows College Dublin. Her talk is entitled ‘The Spirit of the Child- An exploration of Children’s Spirituality: Interdisciplinary Perspectives’. The conference takes place in the Waterford Institute of Technology, College Campus, from 12-14 May. For further information contact Michael O’Sullivan SJ, 01 8520717, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want a start in Ignatian spirituality, contact www.ignatianspirituality.com where the Loyola Press, Chicago, USA, offers a good introduction with material originally shaped by Irish Jesuit Brian Grogan.
FR PROVINCIAL’S DIARY
28 March – 10 April: Colloquium of New Provincials in Rome
12 – 15 April: Visitation Portadown and Iona
15 -16 April: Province consult