- Last May Edmond Grace SJ appealed for funds to buy desks for a school in Syngonya, Zambia. The response was amazing: the desks, as you see from the photo, are now in place, and Edmond extends his sincere thanks to everyone who contributed so generously and promptly.
- Brian Lennon’s book on forgiveness – So you can’t forgive…? Moving towards freedom – will be launched on Thursday 26 February at 12.30pm in the Ignatian Room, Church of St Francis Xavier, Gardiner Street. It will be launched by Dr Maureen Gaffney, Chairperson of the National Economic and Social Forum.
- Sli Eile invites people to a relaxed, low-impact day of silence and sharing in the Ignatian Tradition of The Spiritual Exercises, on Saturday 28 March 10:30am-4:30pm at Hampton Retreat Centre, Grace Park Road, Dublin 7. Contact Debbie Moore. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 8943165.
- Andrew Pierce, of the Irish School of Ecumenics, will present a paper on ‘Religion and the Enlightenment: Whither the Twain might meet’, on Wednesday 25 February 2009 at 7pm in the Milltown Institute.
- Carl Hession, music teacher in the Jes (Coláiste Iognáid) in Galway and accomplished composer, was in New York last week with the Dublin Philharmonic Orchestra as part of their US tour. As well as doing many of the musical arrangements, Carl also played piano for them on their tour performances.
FR PROVINCIAL’S DIARY
24-26 Feb: Leeson Street Visitation