Vacancy: Education Development Officer – Jesuit Education Desk, Milltown Park, Dublin 6
The Irish Jesuits, together with their lay colleagues, are engaged in a wide variety of work focused on the service of faith and the promotion of justice. A key area of activity for the Irish Province is education with the Jesuit Provincial exercising Trusteeship in a number of schools, at both primary and secondary levels. The formation and development of staff in the Jesuit Tradition is a top priority to ensure our future contribution to a more pluralist, multi-convictional and secular Ireland.
Applications are invited for the post of Education Development Officer to work with staff in this important area.
The person will have responsibility for supporting and promoting the Jesuit identity and mission within the schools and the other works of the Society, as informed by the Catholic faith and Ignatian Spirituality. The induction, development and formation of staff will be central to the role. This important appointment will require energy, vision and commitment. The successful candidate will work closely with the Delegate and will be based in Milltown Park.
- Will hold professional qualifications and have experience of the Irish education system
- Will be a person of faith, open to Ignatian Spirituality and with a facility to engage with others positively in matters of ethos
- Will have a track record of leading teams and enthusing others around vision and mission
- Will have a practical working knowledge of relevant legislation and an appreciation of the Trustee’s perspective and role
- Will have highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, including the mature ability to deal discreetly with individual needs
Information pack documents, including job description and application form, are available for download below. Please return completed application form to the Jesuit Education Desk, Irish Jesuit Provincialate, Milltown Park, Dublin D06 V9K7 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for receipt of applications is October 4th, 2019. Shortlisting may apply. The Jesuits are an equal opportunities employer.
Documents for download
Please read the following documents